Monday, November 26, 2007

Great Trip!

Eric and his little sister Erin, the baby of the family. She has a twin sister Erica.
The girls at Bear Park downtown New Bern. I thought this kind of thing belonged in Alaska myself!
Pirates are a biiig deal on the coast of N.C. Blackbeard's home port was Beaufort. And yes, it's pronounced differently up there. You'll catch a lot of crap if you say it the way we do down here! LOL Catherine is doing her best impression of Capt. Hook I think. This is a bear they made when they bricked the street. I'll have to find out why the bear is such a big deal there. It is the city mascot dating from about 300 years ago. I believe 2008 is their 300th anniversary. They're already preparing for a big blowout.

The trip to New Bern was great! All us girls went shopping while the guys stayed home and shot skeet. I'll have to practice a lot to out do Bubba now! He has definately improved! These are some pics from down town New Bern, including the birthplace of Pepsi. Those pics we'll post for Poppie!

4 comments:

Judy said...

So glad you all had a great time..would love to visit New N=Bern sometime...GIRLS TRIP COMING I CAN FEEL IT!!!!

Shelia said...

The antique market we went in would knock your socks off! Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everone had a great time. And your right, whats the bear got to do with it? Maybe they have alot of them!

jamie said...

That carving does look like it belongs in AK!!! so does the bear on the walk way!!

Jacob would love to go see the Pirates there!!!! I am feeling a Pirate house trip in Sav for the boys!!!