Sunday, September 9, 2007

I've heard a lot of preachers say, "Get out of your comfort zone for Christ." Its not easy to do that and its something we should all work on. Me just as much as the next guy. I think it helps me a bit being that I love to talk to people and am pretty outgoing. Never met a stranger ya know! My husband on the other hand is painfully shy. This is good in a way I think, because we even each other out. Some how he can stay composed at a football game while I cannot. LOL
Well, this wonderful man that God made just for me is about to take a bionic leap out of his comfort zone. We have been practicing a few of his favorite southern gospel type songs. Anyone that knows Eric KNOWS he doesn't talk much(unless its talking smack to Jamie or something like that), doesn't sing loudly, likes to sit in the background of things, just a quiet behind the scenes kind of guy. Very humble ya know? So this is waaaay out there for him! We're going to sing a song together pretty soon. When he's comfortable enough with it not to throw up. LOL So here's a BIIIG pat on the back for you babe! I'm more proud of you than you would ever know.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my, this is big..I am proud of you both.

No turning back now..we are all looking forward to this monumental day...(if you do it when I'm in Ak, I'll skin ya!)

Brewton Girl said...

You go Eric!! Can't wait to hear you guys. I know how he feels, I hate speaking in front of people, it turns my insides to jello! It is a fear I'm trying to overcome but it is so hard to control those butterflies! I'll be praying for him!!

AmyWhit said...

I'm thinking that Homecoming Sunday would be perfect timing! Will be waiting....

jamie said...

Can ya wait until I will at least be there???? I am proud of ya, Big E!!! Use your voice to honor God!!! So wonderful!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

O.K. I knew it!! There is always a jealous person. Just because I had the front choir bench to myself
Sunday! I knew someone would out do me!! GOOO Eric!
I'm cheering you on