Wednesday, March 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELBY!


So here I am, thinking of my baby, my bright shining star that is growing up terribly fast. Today is her birthday and she is 11. She will be going to middle school in July. YIKES! So again I ask, what happened?!


Shelby is my sporty, outgoing, singing, dancing and smart alecky kiddo. She is incredibly tenderhearted and civic minded. She is actually my co-captain for the fire dept. Relay for Life team this year.


Now, on the flipside of all the sweetness there are things you don't know. Many don't, for good reason...LOL some people may be weary of my sweet little Shelby. A story comes to mind...when she was in kindergarten the class had a pet rabbit. A beautiful ebony black little furball by the name of Chantell(I have no idea where the name came from!). The kids in the class were all put in a drawing to see who got to take bunny foofoo home for the weekend. How lucky! ~rolls eyes~Shelby was the lucky one quite a bit! One weekend while bunny sitting the kids were eating dinner at the picnic table outside. Eric and I were inside enjoying a rare quiet moment of togetherness. The quiet stillness is shattered by the shrieks and screams of Christina....she comes flying in the kitchen door...and screams, "Momma! Daddy! Shelby put a rabbit poop in my cheeseburger!!!! Now of course this concerns Eric and I just a bit...this is NOT the way we attempted to raise our delicate southern flowers. So, we compose ourselves..mind you Eric did not do a very good job on this part..and he calls our little angel into the house with his best stern Daddy voice.

"Shelby Lynn..did you put rabbit poop..." that's it, he lost it and had to turn his head. So Mom the bad guy says, Shelby Lynn Saunders! That was nasty! That poop is full of bacteria that can make your sister sick as crap! (Eric loses it more) Her reply..."but mommy she wouldn't stop making fun of me, and she didn't even eat it!" The ever dramatic Christina proclaims that had she eaten said rabbit poop she could have died from it. At this point I'm really working hard not to burst into laughter...Shelby apologizes to Christina, she gets a new cheeseburger, and we all watch our backs around Shelby! LOL I love that girl!


One more little tidbit... after choir practice tonight Poppie chased Shelby around the churchyard to give her her birthday spanking. The ride home all I heard was..Mom! Poppie is fast! Did you see him? I thought I had him! Man! He's fast! That old man can run! I thought I had him!

The whole time JuJu is saying, "you better run Shelby!" LOL guess she didn't hear that.


P.S. All I can say about this pic is...BUSTED!!

6 comments:

oldav8r said...

I take it from the pic that Shelby is escaping? I guess it's O.K> as long as shes not gone all night. Just hide the car keys---she might grab them before she escapes next time. Oh by the way Happy Birthday, Shelby and leave Christina alone. LOL

AmyWhit said...

LOL @ the the rabbit poop cheeseburger! I'm glad to see that christina is still with us today! LOL.

Happy birthday, Shelby! Where are you sneakin' off to?

We even get to see Shelia in this pic....or at least part of her shadow!

jamie said...

Rabbit Poo cheeseburger. That sounds like something my children would do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELB!!!! I know you were climbing out the window trying to escape from your parents to come live with me. So, you could try snowshoe softball. Am I close????

I only wish I had a sister so I could do awful things to her. My brother and all his friends use to torcher me, and I had no one in return to torcher. Oh well....

Shelia said...

Geeze you guys! Don't encourage her! LOL Love ya'll!

Judy said...

From A mom's point of view I thought she was just getting home! Where have you been???? I told you that old man could run...but only for a litle while if you had gone around the parking lot one more time you would have had him...

Happy BD girly, love the crocks!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Shelby!! Poppie can run fast, but only for a short while...he is VERY OLD, you know.

I know you'll be a great girl by staying close to your family and close to God!

Don't try too hard to escape...