Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dinosaur Eggs!



Yes ladies and gentleman these are dinosaur eggs! ~grinz~ ok ok, so they're rocks!


When I started to find these "eggs" I told my kids, "look! look! I found a dinosaur egg!" Christina and Shelby of course looked at me and rolled their eyes. Christina the scholar questioned me, "Mom, you do realize dinosaurs are extinct? RIGHT??" and of course from Shelby.."mom please!" (what a couple of poops!) LOL


Bubba was excited, LOL this was a few years ago.Thankfully he eventually came to terms with the lack of dinosaurs roaming free in our front yard, and looks for more dino eggs for his nutcase mom every chance he gets. I love rocks like these! Smoothed and worn from time passing over them.


I use them in my butterfly garden for shelters. Now some of you are looking at the screen with your head cocked to one side. LOL If you stack them in such a way to have an open space underneath them, the butterflies will crawl into the space to take shelter during the heat of the day and to hide from predators.


So, here is my corny post for the day...dinosaur eggs!

2 comments:

jamie said...

I have never thought of building a shelter for the butterflies.. But, I guess they too, need shelter!! I am surprised that Lil E didn't want to go hunting for dinosaurs!! LOL. Corniness is why I love you so much!!

oldav8r said...

Shelia, I don't see anything crazy about this at all. I went to Gatlinburg and Dollywood and my souvenir was a big rock out of the river. Cost nothing, created by God, is indestructable, and nobody else has one like it!