Friday, May 4, 2007

A Sign of Things to Come?

Well, here's my Shelby. Yep, my 11 year old hard core soft ball playin' Shelby. I remember reading in one of Wendy's comments that her girl was a "serious" ball player. When I said I know the feeling, I meant it! LOL Shelby has played ball for 5 years and is shooting for a college scholarship. Heaven help any girl that comes on that field and doesn't give 100%! The wrath of Shelby will be upon them! LOL So anyway....back to the subject of the picture! Shelby is, as you can see, talking on the phone. No big deal, she does that everyday. This however is a special call. Why you ask? Well, she's talking to her girlfriend Jessica(one of her team mates), and to Amber...yep, you got it...Shelby is on her first THREE WAY CALL! Now I have to ask the blogger girls from my generation(sorry JuJu and Jan, but I KNOW you guys didn't have it!)did we have 3 way calling when we were 11? Crap! for that matter...when we were 17?? I'm shaking my head...3 way calling? At 11 years old? Geeeeze!

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

heck, I wouldn't know how to place a 3-way call NOW at 30-something! Hang on girl, I think you're in for a rough ride with this one! Wait until it's boys!

oldav8r said...

I can't remember even thinking about a three way call when I was younger, all I ever did was talk to Mike for hours. That was trouble enough for me! LOL

Judy said...

The only three way calling I had was when I yelled at my sister and then momma yelled at both of us! Oh brother I can not believe I'm saying this; when I was 10/11 we still used letters in the phone #. Our # was JA3595..and even when Wayne and I got married we had a "partyline", hey sometimes that was 3 way, with someone listening in?! Ok I know that does not count!

All I can say is; pull your hat down, buckle your seat belt, and hold on..cause the ride as begun.

Although, I think Jamie holds the record for endurance-talking-on- the-phone!

Judy said...

Hey, tell her to get off the phone and post a milestone already!!!

jamie said...

I don't even think I know how to make a 3 way now. I would have to have help. But, my parents can attest to this, If I had 3 way I sure would have used it!!!! They thought the phone grew out of my ear anyway!!