Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Vikings Have Landed in Sheldon!

So there we were, the kids were bored and I was wanting to be silly. So I did! I broke out Big E's jigsaw, some plywood and a pencil and made everyone a sword! LOL Shelby and Bubba wanted shields so we did those too. The kids got Daddy's spraypaint and meticulously painted every bit of thier weapons as well as their fingers. Notice the campfire in the background, no viking encampent is complete without one you know! Also worth pointing out is the barbarian princess in the pink camo jammers. A special touch that only she can pull off! LOL Christina had a sword made as well but by this time had given up on plundering surrounding villages. Geeze I love these guys! LOL
The viking prince is egging on the photographer!
Scary! Looks like Bubba plundered way past his bedtime!
The swordmaker needs a manicure!

6 comments:

oldav8r said...

And what will Papa Vicking say when he finds out you used HIS tools? LOL Looks like a fun time Mom, you are the coolest!

TaraG said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a blast! Not a dull moment at your house uh?? Oh how I wish I were a kid sometimes!

AmyWhit said...

You are such a great mom! Your kids are lucky to have you. Looks like everyone had a great time!!

I hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

jamie said...

CooL!!! Can I come be one of your kids?? I wanna play!! One question, Did you take the pic of you cutting out the sword, and cut the sword out and hold it in place?? You know only a mom could do that!! The pink PJ's are a very unique touch!! Love it!! Jake would love to come sword fight!!

I thought it was hot down there, and you have a campfire going on?? Did you just want your hubby to come home and put out the fire?? Did you have a permit to do that?? LOL!!

The fire looks cool in the pic as well as all the vikings.. What kind of sword did you have?

Happy Mother's Day!!

Heather said...

I love it!! The boys want to do this too! Good thing you didn't invite POP as the campfire would have surely turned wild quickly. HEHEHEHE!

Judy said...

What a great mom. Those little vikings are the cutest I've ever seen!