Saturday, June 30, 2007

OK, I'm cheating tonight. I don't feel that badly about it either. LOL We attended the Relay for Life last night held at the Naval Hospital. It was a great time, but we never went to sleep! LOL
I made a promise to someone that I would walk 60 laps around the track for Grandma. Eric picked up the challenge with me. So we walked and sold hot dogs for what seemed an eternity! Bottom line, I kept my word, Eric and I walked our 60 laps in honor of Grandma. By the way, thats 15 miles, not bad for an evening walk! LOL

I have to say, I'm very thankful Eric was with me. We had the best time. He kept me laughing all the way around the track and gave me encouragement when I needed it. We got home about quarter till seven this morning. He made sure I was ok after developing heat exhaustion at the relay, and off to work he went. No sleep at all! So if he falls asleep in church tomorrow...just nudge him gently. LOL The lady in red is Aunt Jo. She died of cancer 7 years ago. One day ya'll, one day there will be a cure. I know it. Well, either that or Christ is coming. I'll take the latter if I had to choose. LOL

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Wow, Shelia! That's some walk! Good for you (and Eric!). I'd have collapsed after one lap! LOL.

Anonymous said...

O.K. theres no accounting for what a "fun time" is. That sounds like lots of work to me. I guess that's why we depend on the young to do it. God Bless.

Judy said...

Good job! I know you spent a lot of time working on this and w/ Miss Catie Coo on you mind it must have been draining.

Yes a cure would be nice but Christ Coming priceless.

Heather said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

I'm so proud of you, and of Eric!

I'm also praying for Catie and your entire family. I mean what I say about coming up here and you and Eric going out while the kids are with me... We need some other female infuence up here...LOL!

jamie said...

15 MILES!!!! GOOD LORD!!! I'd say that was quite the evening walk!! And I thought a 30 minute walk after dinner was good enough!! I guess I am gonna have to step up my game literally!! I bet you got some sore muscles today!!! I am very proud of you!! I would have walked with ya girl!!