Saturday, August 25, 2007

Faith will always see you through

It may sound silly to most and thats ok. When I look at Christina's arm it has always reminded me of my faith in our Lord. No matter how bad the situation, how painful the moment, my Christ, my God has always walked me through. At times I've lost sight of Him when I've come up against what seems to be an impassable wall, but He's always right beside me, waiting patiently for me to hand over the reins. You are always changed somewhat when you reach the end of the dark tunnel and step out into the light. Just as Chris was changed through her ordeal so are we all through our faith in Christ. He does and will always walk us through, if not carry us completely.
Better late than never I guess. Sorry girls!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is molding each of us, some test just seem too awful, but He never gives us more than we can bear. When it's our kids we sorta feel like it is an unfair test. Love grow, strength grows, and we grow spiritually if we remember where we are supposed to be during the test, on our knees. You have God's love and the love of the saints. Be strong Mom!

Judy said...

To me scars always say something about a persons strength. Maybe it's because when I was about 2 yrs old I was riding with my grandparents in their truck..I was standing up between them on the floor board, I had just laid my head down in my grandmothers lap when a car sped up, tossed a "cherry bomb" into the truck..It hit my grandmother's arm and exploded..she had a terrible scar on her arm..she never said a word to me about it...then one day when I was older probably about 11 or so..I asked how she got it and she told me the story. I felt so bad..but she said if I had not laid down she was sure it would have it me in the face, and she was so glad it did not hit me..After that when I saw the scar...I knew what true love looked like..A love like that is why we can have faith in Christ..That love took the scars of sin meant for me...and you. Great job, Shelia & CJ

AmyWhit said...

I know that Christina is self-conscious about her scars, but I don't think she realizes that most people don't actually even notice them. I know I don't notice them, and I know about the accident.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Great story Sheila. A true test of faith for your family. Christina is a walking reminder of Faith in God. For taking care of us in time of need and always. I know the scars really bother her but I agree with Amy. I never once think about them on her. She is a Beautiful girl inside and out!!

Heather said...

I know you've been through it lately. You're such a strong woman and mom, due to your faith. Keep on keeping on....