Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This is a picture of Catie and her friend Marissa taken at the girl's Allstar game. We always called her George, just to mess with her. She always laughed herself silly.

Marissa died earlier today from spinal meningitis. Catie is so upset. I did the best I could to answer her questions, but in the end Eric and I just held her while she cried. Please pray for her parents Christine and Chuck, her older sister Megan and her cousin Cassandra. Her Granny Barb is a member of Riverview and will need our prayers as well. I love you all.

8 comments:

Judy said...

The tears come easier than words right now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, this is so hard for Catie. Mom and Dad you have one tough job. Love you all and I am praying for you.

AmyWhit said...

How truly heartbreaking. I can't even imagine...nor would I even want to. God bless that little girl's family. I don't know what else to say....

Brewton Girl said...

I can't seem to find any words right now, I'm sorry just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm praying for all of you

Queen of Foo Foo said...

How sad my heart goes out to Catie & Marrisa's family. I will lift you all up in my prayers.

papa said...

Hey little girl. Thanks for emailing the blog address. How beautiful the two of them are. My heart is broke. Give Pooh a hug from her Papa and tell her that I cry for her and her friend and all of the families. This one deserves an entire forest to be planted. Tell Pooh Daddy I'm proud of you all. Love, Dad. God Bless you all.

Nancy S. said...

Oh I am so sorry. Life is so precious and we just never know. I know this has to be very hard for Catie. I will be praying for Catie and Marrisa's family.

Is there anything we can do other than pray?

jamie said...

Oh, Shelia!!! We will be praying up here as well!!