Friday, August 31, 2007

Someone Special

You all know this face. My little sister Cherish is 10 years younger than me. She is the only sister I have and I love her dearly. I moved away from home right before she turned 6 so I missed out on a lot with her. She has surprisingly good memory of the things we did get to do though. I'm thankful that I have her with me now. We do the things we didn't get to do while she was growing up, like dye Easter eggs, wrap Christmas gifts, bake cookies, make Grandma's fried chicken or just sit up and watch movies. She has grown a lot since she moved here and I'm very proud of her. Now if I can just get her to slow down her driving we'll be doing great! Ahh, the concentration of the artist!

6 comments:

AmyWhit said...

That's sweet, Shelia. I'm sure you're her "someone special" too. It's great that you girls are getting to catch up on things you'd previously missed out on. I think I would have liked to have had a sister...but then again, I couldn't love a sister any more than I love my two brothers!

Judy said...

She is sweet...always a smile, I know she got here as soon as she could...

Her sister ain't half bad either.

Judy said...

Oh, I meant to say...
"Cheris is a word I'd use to describe her" oooo oooo

Shelia said...

LOL Judy!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

AHHHH thats so sweet Sheila. I'm so glad Cherish is living here. Your kids think she is the sunshine I can see it on their faces. You need a sister for those wonderful sister things!

Brewton Girl said...

Sister's are the best! Don't get me wrong I love my brother too, but sisters are very special! I'm glad you have her here.